Wednesday 25 January 2017

FAVOURITE AFFORDABLE FOUNDATIONS.

MY FAVOURITE FOUNDATIONS FROM DRUGSTORE/AFFORDABLE BRANDS.



Hi! Today I'm showing you some of my favourite affordable foundations. These are ones which can be found in 'drugstores' e.g. Boots/Superdrug etc here in the UK, or that are from brands which are more affordable. Obviously I have favourite foundations that are from higher end brands, but I'll do a separate post on these! 

My skin type is very combination. At times, although less recently, I'm really really oily, especially in my t-zone, and other times my skin is horrifically dry (although it's always pretty dry on my cheeks). The state of my skin usually dictates what type of finish I'm looking for, if my skin is dry I go for a dewy finish and vice versa, although generally I believe most foundations can be made matte/dewy with the right finishing powders and setting sprays. All but 2 of these foundations can be bought in stores such as Boots & Superdrug so they're pretty easily gotten ahold of. All of these foundations offer good coverage, not the fullest you can get but still good, which is why I like them.

L'OREAL: LUMI MAGIQUE FOUNDATION.


I love this foundation. As the name suggests 'lumi' means that this is quite a dewy foundation with 'liquid light technology'. I don't really know what that means but this foundation gives a really beautiful finish on the skin. My problem with this foundation, and this is a common theme with affordable foundations, is that the shade range is horrendous. I have the shade 'Gold Linen' which I think is the lightest yellow undertoned shade they offer, and this is by far the darkest foundation I own, meaning I can only wear this when I've got ten thousand layers of fake tan on. Even on the Boots website, there only seems to be 6 shades available, 3 of each undertone, so if you're pale like me this isn't great (although the available shades might be completely different in other counties). Currently, on the Boots website this is priced at £10.99, but Boots also usually have offers on (at the moment it's 2 £12 on selected L'Oreal products) so you can usually get it cheaper! 

EX1: INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION.


This foundation is a cult-favourite on YouTube and for good reason. EX1 markets itself to those with yellow undertones to their skin and I believe all but 1 or 2 of their shades have yellow undertones. What I've generally found is that more affordable brands don't have a lot of shades with yellow undertones, they're usually pink or really orange, so this brand is great for that. The shade I have is shade 4.0, again, too dark for me without fake tan and they don't offer a really pale shade. I believe they have just remodelled their shade range going from F100 etc to now just 1.0, 2.0 etc. Both of these ranges are available and I'm not too sure what the differences are between these. The finish is semi-dewy, but not as much as the L'Oreal Lumi Magique. This foundation is only £12.50, and is most easily acquired from www.lookfantastic.com for those in the UK, where they usually offer some kind of discount (18% at the moment) and free delivery. 

BOURJOUIS: HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION.


This foundation smells absolutely amazing AND the shade I have is actually one of the few that matches me when I'm pale. I have the shade 'Light Vanilla' which is the lightest one they offer, and they do seem to have a slightly better shade range than some other brands. One other thing is that there are so many brands which only offer foundations to light/medium skin tones and offer absolutely nothing to deeper skin tones which is ridiculous. The coverage of this is possibly the lightest of all these foundations, but I have a lot of facial redness which is often hard to cover so if you don't have that it's probably fine for you. Again, the finish is quite dewy, probably comparable to the L'Oreal Lumi Magique. I often like to mix this foundation with others to make them less matte and slightly lighter, it's great for that. This foundation is priced at £9.99 at Boots UK, but again if you catch it on an offer you could probably find it cheaper. 

MILANI: CONCEAL + PERFECT FOUNDATION.


This is a relatively new foundation to me but one that I've really been enjoying as I included it in my December Favourites post. The coverage is great with a semi-matte finish, comparable to the Nars Sheer Glow and I'd say it's most comparable to the EX1 out of these foundations. AGAIN, this is only wearable for me when I've got tan on. I have the shade 2.0 Natural which is one of the lightest shades they offered, they do offer a slightly lighter one but this wasn't available, so if you're pale, again, this isn't great however it does offer a large range of deeper shades for darker skin tones which is good. This claims to be a concealer as well, I don't really find that to be honest, although I like to use a light concealer under my eyes to highlight anyway. The easiest place to get Milani products in the UK is Beauty Bay, and this is only £11 so very affordable. 

MAYBELLINE: FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION. 


Again, I've talked about this foundation before. Out of all of these this may be my favourite, with the highest coverage and best finish. I have two shades, 105 Natural Ivory and this one, 128 Warm Nude (tanned shade). Again, their shade selection isn't great and doesn't cater to deeper skin tones. As the name would suggest, the finish is matte but it isn't like a total flat matte. I don't really use this when my skins feeling super dry though as it can cling to dry patches and accentuate them. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump! This is just a fantastic foundation and at £6.99 from Boots you can't really go wrong.

REVLON: COLOUR STAY FOUNDATION.


This used to be my absolutely holy grail foundation, high end or affordable. The coverage is fantastic and the finish is quite matte although not too matte. I haven't used this foundation in a while, I mainly stopped using it because of the shade range, there weren't enough shades with a yellow undertone. Looking on the Boots website now the shade range seems so have increased a lot, and they now offer a pump on the bottle. I'm definitely going to re-purchase this because I used to absolutely love it and I would definitely recommend it at only £9.99. 

Which affordable foundations are your favourites? 


thanks for reading, 

CATRIONA

x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.